[Wikipedia-l] RMS on fair use [rms at gnu.org: Re: Wikipedia and GNU FDL "fair use" question]

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Nov 4 12:15:49 UTC 2002

Clearly from the tone and content of this, we should regard this as a
tentative opinion from someone who knows a lot about this stuff
generally but who hasn't really researched this particular question in
detail.

RMS currently advises against including things like album covers and
movie box covers.  While I don't think his opinion on that is
authoritative, it's surely reason for us to pause to consider it.

----- Forwarded message from Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> -----