[Wikipedia-l] Blocked, insulted, and pissed

Eli j-eli at starpower.net
Sun Nov 3 19:35:08 UTC 2002

[Probably not the right place for this plea.  Please forward to the right person.  (See next to last paragraph below for my reason for using this forum.]

I am a new user of Wikipedia.  It seems like a great project.  Since about 1963, I have believed that the world needs a really big encyclopedia to access all knowledge about everything (before the internet, I estimated thousands of printed volumes).  In the '80s I learned of the idea now called "hyperlink" and I knew, theoretically, how this could work as a continually updated virtual book.  Nupedia and Wikipedia promise to fulfill this vision.

But the very second time I tried to add a suggestion I was referred to a page with this content: