[Wikipedia-l] A Wikipedia "mirror"

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sun Nov 3 00:33:56 UTC 2002

Derek Ross wrote:

>While doing a Google search just now, I found this

>    http://wiki.namweb.com.na/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page

>It appears to have been copied sometime in September

September 20, to judge by its Recentchanges.

Other notes:
Their site claims to "already have 0 articles"!
Randompage always gives [[Main Page]] there.
Watchlinks doesn't seem to work on their site.
Since [[Main Page]] is a protected page on the real Wikipedia,
 I can't edit theirs to indicate that theirs is inactive
 and point people to our Wikipedia, even though I'm a sysop.

-- Toby