[Wikipedia-l] Year in music

rose.parks at att.net rose.parks at att.net
Wed Dec 25 17:37:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

     Having finally checked the Recent Changes last night and read some of
the "Year XXXX in music" articles, I agree with Mr. Manske. I think this is
not a good idea and foresee this followed by "Year XXXX in painting," "Year
XXXX in dance," "Year XXXX in literature."
     Further, the articles are rather summary, listing publication of songs,
performers' highpoints, deaths etc.
     I would think this information will be incorporated in Wikipedia in some
other form eventually, if it isn't already. For me. it is hard to find much
meaning in these entries, as events appear out of context. For this reason, I
think we should consider whether this is a good idea, before it goes much
further.

                         As Ever,

                            Ruth Ifcher