[Wikipedia-l] Historical NPOV and wikipedian NPOV

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Dec 14 21:42:00 UTC 2002

> You have a chip on your shoulder about religion in general, and
> Catholicism in particular.  Maybe you should reflect on the fact that
> your bias is severely impacting your work on the Wikipedia.

I still think that Jonathan Walter's first "minor edit" to the Social work
article shows his understanding of bias best:

>They generally force their "help" on people who don't want it, and ignore
>human rights in their quest to "save" people. Social workers are trained
>to place their feelings and gut instincts supreme above reason,
>rationality, and respect for human dignity. Social workers typically act
>as repressive agents of fascist regimes, usually working hand in hand
>with police agencies to carry out low intensity eugenics programs against
>the poor and working classes.

Or how about his views on Richard Wagner's anti-Semitism:

>However, I believe even the link to Wagner and anti-Semitism is unneeded;
>in the context of his times Wagner was neither good nor bad; he was just
>ordinary. To put too much emphasis on this one aspect of his personality
>does a grave disservice to the legacy of great music he left posterity.

The same Jonathan Walter who thinks it is "inappropriate" to link to
opposing viewpoints in the Jehovah's Witnesses article. The same Jonathan
Walter who is only referred to as "Mr. Editor" on the article's talk page
because of his repeated attempts to enforce his edits.

Jonathan Walter, if I am biased by your standards, I am even closer to the
ideal of neutrality than I thought I was.

Regards,

Erik