[Wikipedia-l] Which Moderation proposal?

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Dec 12 14:12:22 UTC 2002

Larry lamented,

> As I originally expected, we're seeing more and more "no" answers to
> moderation.  That's too bad.
>
> Good luck, everyone, trying to implement other solutions, or with the
> status quo: I think the list will continue to be mired in constantly
> flowing excrement.  Those with a low toleration for it will continue to be
> driven off.

I beg to differ, esteemed colleague. The prospect of elevating the tone of our discourse remains ever bright. Your original proposal was made less than 24 hours ago, was it not? Do not despair.

----
Let us consider rather WHICH proposal to adopt or reject:

1. Moderate wikipedia-l

Opinion seems to be turning away from this option. Indeed, a couple of non-English speakers want wikipedia-l abolished (!).

2. Moderate wikiEN-l

Some posters whose reputations carry some weight (like you, Larry, you fat slob! ;- [oops, I wouldn't be able to say that on a Moderated List <mischievous grin>, even with emoticons]) have turned toward this option.

3. Just continue to use social pressure

This remains a viable fall-back position.

----
Ed Poor