[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Dec 11 22:21:46 UTC 2002

Eloquence wrote:

>Sanger is exactly the kind of person who can destroy a project
>like Wikipedia if given too much power and control.

Although I've tangled with Larry myself in the past,
and have said that I wouldn't want him to be moderator,
I don't think that this is a fair appraisal.
Larry strikes me as somebody that might not wield power wisely (sorry),
but nevertheless would not abuse it.
And what power he does have and has had has not been abused, AFAICT.
I suspect that he would be particularly loathe
to censor posts critical of himself.

Well, that's my impression of him, in any case.

-- Toby