[Wikipedia-l] Moderator nominations

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Dec 11 22:09:58 UTC 2002

Ed Poor wrote:

I said that these would all probably be OK, so let's call that a pregnant chad:

>-- April
>Axel Boldt
>Brion Vibber
>Lee Crocker
>Magnus Manske
>maveric149

But this I am against, despite voting on moderators if they must exist,
or at best am a dimpled chad:

>Having moderation at all: Larry proposed it,
>and I assume everyone else who "voted" agrees with it

Even if Jimbo chooses the moderators (and if we have them),
I would strongly suggest avoiding controversial people
(most famously Larry and The Cunctator, also others) --
a single opposition should be enough to derail a moderator
(not counting the case where somebody opposes every moderator).

-- Toby