[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Wed Dec 11 20:14:06 UTC 2002

Cc'ing wikien-l in case there are members of that list that aren't on
Wikipedia-l and haven't seen the recent discussion about making
Wikipedia-l or WikiEN-l moderated.

Jimbo wrote:

>> I think that's not a bad idea.  It leaves the main policy list,
wikipedia-l, wide open, and thus insulates us from (some) charges of
censorship, etc.

But at the same time, it moderates the forum where the worst flame
wars have belonged.  Specific grievances against each other for
specific edits tend to be our "hottest" topic where a little moderation
might do wonders. <<

I suggest we keep discussing this for a while and then, if the discussion
is *generally* in favor of some sort of moderation scheme, Jimbo picks the
first moderators.

(I just thought that appeal to vanity would do the trick.  ;-) )

Larry
--
"We have now sunk to a depth at which the re-statement of the
obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." --George Orwell