[Wikipedia-l] Ed Poor IP unblocked Helga's IP -- was: Helga banned

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Tue Dec 3 17:58:29 UTC 2002

At 12:28 PM 12/3/02 -0500, Ed Poor wrote:
>I unblocked Helga's IP on November 12th and reported this on the mailing
>list as follows:
>
>http://www.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-November/007408.html
>
>However, to my regret and consternation, I note that my e-mail was so
>obscure as to fail to catch anyone's attention.

Having gone back and read that email, I note that this unblocking was in
violation
of stated policy and decisions--Jimbo had banned Helga for three months. It may
be that your reference to a two-month ban that "should have expired" is part of
why nobody noticed that you had, in fact, changed the rules unilaterally.

--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org
http://www.redbird.org